CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Angie's Top 10 List

In the blog world, a lot of people will get deep and philosophical. I try to make our blog more light hearted and merely a way to document our good times. Since we have moved here I have had A LOT of time on my hands so I have been doin' some thinkin'. I have had a few moments lately that just brought a smile (or laugh) and I thought I would share them. It's the little things... (these are in no paticular order)



#10 I make Maddie a lunch that she takes to school but when she gets home she wants another lunch, not a snack, a lunch. One day I made her campbells chicken n stars and she says "mmm takes my mouth on magical journey", now there's something to think about next time your sick and need some soup.




#9 my personal time had almost become an addiction with this moveto Florida. It got a little out of hand I am embarrased to say since this website is for kids. Anyway, over Summer you could play all day and late at night and it was something to do in the hotel room. When I let Maddie play she gets the most joys out of the littlest things. One day on the "Wheel of Wow" I believe, she landed on $100 in kinz cash and screams "woo hoo lets get to spending" just made me think...what a great thing to be a kid and get that excited over fake money.

#8 Every night after I make supper Maddie yells out "lets hear it for the chef" and makes me say a speech. It is so silly but I know at least once a day someone appreciates me and my speech usually involves something I am thankful for.
#7 What can I say, I am an Oprah fan. She makes me laugh, she makes me cry, she's informative and funny. I love her show, her website, her magazine. She is just great!

#6 Totally dorky, but this follows Oprah for sure, I really get in to self help books my faves are "How to win friends and influence people"(teaches you to listen more talk less and pay attention), "The power of now" (teaches you to take action today & not place blame or make excuses for your past or future), "Strengths Finder 2.0" (teaches you to use what you have) & "The secret" (teaches you to have a goal and work to get it). Working in the real estate business can wear you down, you have to deal with a ton of rejection and books like these can really help you dig in and better your attitude about life and things that go along with it.

#5 Catalogs & my "drive alive at five" calls, these two because they are just about equal in frequency and small highlights of my day. There is nothing like checking the mail and getting a good catalog. I may not be able to buy anything but it's still nice to look. And when everything else is bills and junk it's a nice alternative. In the same respect, a few times a week at almost exactly 5:11 or so I get a call on my cell phone. It's just a short conversation usually but most days it's just enough, a nice pick me up!

#4 Thursday night tv: Survivor, Grey's Anatomy, The Office, My Name is Earl, Big Shots...so many shows so little time. Thanks DVR!!! (I am slowly becoming addicted to Chef Ramsey- Kitchen Nightmares too and there is a BBC version that is even better)

#3 these pictures of Georgia's Halloween costume crack me up



#2 A few weeks ago in church the preacher gave a wonderful sermon. Oprah calls these "a ha"moments and I had one. There are times when things happen at just the right moment and fit like the last puzzle piece to make it all come together. This will probably only make sense to me but at that moment I just knew what he was talking about his words just got me deep down. Anyway...




#1 Maddie calls this a "cinnamon bun" and she's totally serious when she says it. Matt and I crack up behind her back because we don't want her to stop. She'll realize soon enough.


0 comments: